The all new Snow Performance POWER-MAX VW TDI water-methanol injection system provides all the benefits of the MPG-MAX VW TDI system (fuel economy increases of 5%-15%, 35+ HP, and 40 + lb. ft increase in torque) with a new gauge style controller! to your TDI with NO TUNING REQUIRED! The TDI POWER-MAX system uses a new injection management controller that allows for a small spray of water/methanol to be injected across the power band. This provides an increase in combustion efficiency which provides more power without injecting more diesel fuel. This increase in efficiency translates into an increase in fuel economy. Independent testing by Diesel World Magazine showed fuel economy increases of 5%-15% (4 MPG on the TDI) and power increases of 35 hp/ 40 lb. ft. in a 2010 Jetta TDI with NO TUNING REQUIRED! The POWER-MAX system has a secondary output that is used to activate a Power Mode. This introduces a second phase of injection. A larger nozzle is used to inject more fluid to make more power. The Power Mode activation point is adjustable for best performance. This allows for more injection when more power is needed. Also, the system has an 52mm standard gauge pod controller with a O-LED screen displaying boost, percentage of injection, and power mode activation directly on the adjustable 7 color (red, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, white) screen. This means a savings of $200-300 in gauges you don’t have to buy.
Methanol has an ignition temperature 80 degrees hotter than diesel fuel. This means that methanol doesn’t pre-ignite your diesel fuel, and importantly doesn’t change timing. This kit comes with a heavy duty pump that delivers strong consistent injection performance and a 2.5 gallon reservoir for a clean trunk mounted install.
1. Will not adversely effect PM filter (particulate matter filter) like most other power adders.
2. Adds 40hp safely.
3. Doesn’t leave a “signature” on vehicles computer so warranty isn’t jeopardized.
4. Comes complete with large 2.5 gal. reservoir and all parts for VW for a truly complete system.
5. The most advanced system on the market – true 2d mapping/ 2- nozzles controlled independently for smooth power always.
6. The only system proven to improve fuel economy.
7. Dash mounted module – displays real time – no need for gauges.
The part number for this item is 45006 and it fits VW Golf and Jetta TDi models.
1. What are the benefits of Water/Methanol injection?
Boost Cooler Benefits (Gasoline):
1. Low cost - where else can you get up to 70-100HP for as low as $519?
2. Greatly reduced EGTs - Decreases of 250 degrees F are common using a 50/50 water/methanol mix. Increased EGTs are an engine killer in today's performance diesel world.
3. Efficiency - Fuel economy increase - increase your fuel economy up to 10%-15% (1-3 mpg).
4. Greatly increased air charge densities - 3-5 psi boost increases are common with liquid intercooling.
5.Allows you the ability to greatly increase boost on turbos and superchargers (if you have one).
6. Ideal for heavy loads and towing!
2. If I don't have a turbo or supercharger, can the Boost Cooler be applied to naturally aspirated and or nitrous engines?
YES! 1.Naturally aspirated/high compression engines:
In this application, water/methanol injection allows the use of pump fuel in all but the most extreme situations which effects tremendous cost savings as well as horsepower increases due to air density increase and realized timing potential. The system is activated by a boost referenced switch so that injection takes place only during high engine loads when needed.
2. Why is Water/Methanol injection so effective on Diesels?
Unlike gasoline engines, the power in a turbo diesel is largely a function of fuel. The problem with continually adding fuel is that you create an overfueling condition and reach a point where the exhaust gas temperatures become prohibitive (over 1500 degrees F). A Snow Performance Methanol Injection kit, using a 50/50 water/methanol mix will decrease EGT's approximately 200-300 degrees F while increasing power 70-100HP safe and effectively.
Power is increased through:
A. Air charge cooling - Water/methanol will lower air charge temps over 200 degrees F in this application. Low air temps makes denser air charge which provides more molecules of oxygen for combustion.
B. Combustion conditioning - the methanol acts as a combustion catalyst as well as a cooling agent. Water increase torque and power output through "the steam engine" effect.
3. Is this technology new with Turbo Diesel?
Water/methanol injection has been used extensively for years in high performance truck/tractor pullers. With the elevated boost levels required for peak power, water/methanol is a common means of cooling the intake charge and reducing exhaust gas temps. Also, truckers have used water injection for years to increase fuel mileage.
Where else can you get this kind of power with cooler EGT's, reduced emissions, and more fuel economy?
In most instances our standard 2 quart reservoir works well to provide the required amount of fluid. We have seen that a 2 quart reservoir provides enough fluid for a 400-500 hp car to make 12-15 full throttle quarter mile passes.
For those looking to get more range out of their system, they can tap into their factory windshield washer reservoir and use it to hold water/methanol. This is a good option because most washer reservoirs have a large capacity (normally at least a gallon) plus they're already methanol resistant (washer fluid has methanol in it). Also, the washer reservoir is already under the hood so it doesn't require having to add another bulky item into the engine bay.